Monday, June 6, 2011

Fire

By Lili

My grandma was still a bit drowsy after she woke up from her nap. Despite her drowsiness, she got up and went to get the matches from her sewing kit and a candle from the closet. She plopped back down on her bed, lit the candle, and set it near the fringe of her curtain. She took another nap woke up and the fringe was on fire, only a little so she called for my grandpa to get the fire extinguisher, but he couldn't find it. My grandma rushed out of the room, while my grandpa went to get a wet cloth but it was too late. The room was an inferno.

I came to visit my grandma a few days later to help clean up. All of her stuff had a light coat of soot, and all of the plastic in the room melted into the form of Picasso sculptures. I looked around the room in awe, it was terrible, I was scared for how much the remodeling of the room would cost, but my grandma just told me insurance would cover everything (I don't think so).

After I helped her clean her stuff, we went back to her suite at the Marriott hotel. This hotel was one of the most well kept hotels I have ever been to.

And out of all of this I earned 7 hours of community service!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment