Saturday, April 9, 2011

Car Wash!!!!


By Kimberly

There's only one way to describe the car wash today. That would be ... Amazing! It was not only a fundraiser but it was a place and time where friends can gather together for a school event. Yelling car wash every second or so might have scared a couple of customers and been fun, but the truly fun part began washing. Everybody would grab sponge and squeeze all of the soap and water upon someones head. Almost everybody got soaked but no one ever minded it. I'm pretty sure no one left the car wash without making at least one piece of good memory that will stick to them forever.

By Helen

Today I was at the car wash but I wasn't getting my car washed I was washing cars. It was really fun espically when you got to yell "car wash" to drivers. But it was also really cold and my hands and toes were numb. None of the cars really got dry though because all the drying rags were wet. We also were very wet from people splashing, pouring, squeezing and any other word you can think of that goes with putting water on someone. But it was still fun.

By Silvia

Okay, so my day was filled with:
Rice with vegetables( ewwwwwwwwwww........)
Wet sponges
and best yet:
Yelling at complete strangers.
As you know, today was the car wash for our school. (I don't know why we were supposed to have a car wash. Ask our school.) I came with my sister really early. (were talking at 8:30.) and so we stood at the parking lot waiting for more helpers arrived.
I wasn't until (:15 that someone showed up.
Then more people were coming, and apparently our team (Team 4, SOMEONE ERASED A LOT OF NAMES FROM THAT LIST! WHY???) job was to advertise our car wash.
So I stood with Evan and Sam, yelling at strangers. They made a song to go with our car wash, and it was pretty good.  Later, my throat started to hurt. So I just kept yelling more at strangers. ( Most of them ignored us, and some waved their hands at us.)
Later, I went to drying duty. (drying the car.) It made my hands very cold. But washing the car was even worse.  Your hands could literately freeze in the bucket of intense coldness equivalent to the Arctic Ocean at winter time. So my hands were as cold as a cube of ice. Luckly, we had to leave because my sister said that I would have caught another cold. (YOU COULD SEE YOUR BREATH , SO WHY DO A CAR WASH WHEN IT IS FREEZING???)
Then the next thing I knew is that I was in charge of the rice for our lunch.  Bad idea, since now we've got soggy rice. (I thought that the rice was burning. Should have stopped when the pan was over flowing....)K
LATER! GOT TO EAT MY SOGGY RICE!


By Lauren

Today we had our music department car wash, to raise money for our Hershey Park trip. I worked from 12:00 to 2:00 even though it went from 10:00 to 2:00. You were supposed to either wash or dry cars when they came in. But it was freezing, and we had to get wet. So I was drying when we got there since I had been told to wash last so then when you are all wet you get to go home. I dried for about 30 minutes (my hands were about frozen) when Mrs. T asked me if I wanted to go advertise. So of souse I did because it didn't get you all wet, and all you had to do was yell. So I went out and yelled and tried to get people to come for over an hour. By that time we only had 20 minutes left to wash cars, so I went and helped dry. Finally it was over and we were all frozen. We signed out and got a snack. Over all it was pretty fun, but could have been a little warmer. I think we raised enough money for everyone to go to Hershey and have fun!

By Jay

When I heard the news I ran around the house jumping for joy. It was a great moment in the most miraculous events in my family's life. Now for the moment when everyone is going to feel bad for all the nimble hands that participated in the car wash. It was the combination of bitter coldness and the suds that everyone at one point washed with. I believe, if you cannot open a zipper pocket with your numb hands, you deserve some well deserved heat. I know I could have used some of that stuff about an hour before I received any sort of warmth. For tomorrow Weather Man Jay foresees a blizzard, hail storm, and a warm front of air coming at around 12 noon. What more could we get this Spring, a tornado.

By Derek

Today was the car wash and it waso much fun. It was so cold. I was assigned to dry the washed cars and the rags/towels were so cold that I could not feel my hands. Then I started to wander off and then I was assigned to yell at the cars to come to the car wash. After like thirty minutes I started to loose my voice so me and my friend went to seven eleven for a break and we deserved it. Then he bought some nachos for us. MAN were they good. My friends nachos got stolen by an eighth grader so it sucked for him.  

By Brooke

Today I went to the car wash for orchestra, band, and chorus and it was awesome! Other than the fact i almost froze to death it was a totally cool thing. When i arrived at the car wash around 12:00 p.m. I was assigned to hold car wash posters to get people to come. It was crazy because everybody was dancing, and screaming. When I got tired of that I walked over to where the people were actually washing the cars. Zoe" pulled me away and said(she was soaking wet),"You seriously don't want to do that it is way to cold! I should know." So instead I dried all the cars for a little bit with my friends but I really did want to wash a car so soon after drying five or so I went to wash them. It was fun and really crazy. I got wet, cold, and I was so numb. I dumped water on everyone who came my way and it made me laugh. But then and again they did the same to me. Luckily I had a bathing suit under my clothes. After I was frozen and I curled up in a ball on the pavement until Anna came over and offered me a jacket because mine was soaking. We ran around with signs until it was time to go and get a snack! Freezy fun! I seriously at the time thought I had frost bite on my open toes in my crocs and my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment