Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

By Annabel

Before we left our house I had just learned that for spring break my family and I were going to Niagara Falls!!! I couldn't believe it. As my mom announced this over the phone my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe, Niagara Falls! I told my brothers and all they did was scream for the next ten minutes. At first I had no fear of Niagara Falls, but then my dad told me a story. The story, a true one, said that once while my dad's friend from work was there a little boy, about five, fell in and went over the falls and died. I couldn't believe it, that was in the back of my mind the whole vacation.

When we crossed the border over to Canada no one moved a muscle, everyone was silent. The guard asked my dad to open my door, so he could see all of the people. "O my gosh!" I thought to myself. "Don't do anything stupid!!!" I whispered back to my brother's. We made it across safely, and were off to our hotel. Our hotel is the tallest hotel in Canada and is right on the falls! When we arrived our room was on the 44th floor with a great falls view. The rooms each had a flat screen, but my room had a Jacuzzi.

We did so many great things at Niagara, such as: Journey Behind the Falls, where you could get drenched with the 38 million gallons of water pouring down Niagara every minute. We saw two IMAX movies about the falls, one of them being a 4D movie. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Niagara Falls is or was, incredible is one of those words.

The ride home was sad. But I got to try new foods, and see the American Falls. Which were very cool, but my favorite were the Canadian falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment