Sunday, May 1, 2011

A is for "Are We There Yet?"

By Helen

This car ride wasn't much different then the other ones, "Are we there yet?" choruses thoroughout the car from my brother and I. We we're driving to our relatives house in Michigan and my brother and I had enough of this six hour ride.
   "Almost," answers my dad wearily.
     My mom wakes up and asks "where are we?"
     "Close," my dad repleys.
      "Why aren't we on I57?" my mom questions.
       Yes we were lost, and that proves that my dad is not a good navigator. While my mom and dad tried to get back on I57. My brother and I spotted an overlook.
       "Can we just stop at that overlook to stretch are legs and to get back on track?" I pleaded.
       We pulled over and parked at the overlook. My brother and I went right to the edge. We looked out and it was amazing: with a rushing river and a Heron on a tree really close. It made your eyes strain to see it all at once. We got back in the car really glad we saw it!
Life lesson: Your destination isn't always the place you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment