Sunday, May 22, 2011

New York

By Bridget

It seems I have just laid down in bed, when my alarm clock rang. I look at it, 5:00 a.m. I groan and walk out of bed, my eyes half closed. I change into my dance team T-shirt, and shorts and put on my sneakers. I manage to go to my parents room, and bang on their door. 5 minutes later, my dad walks out, barely awake and still in his PJs. "I hate doing this every year. I can't wait until you can drive by yourself." is what he says to me. We walk downstairs, and I choke down a banana. I think I fell asleep while doing so. When my dad was done, we walked over to the car. I got in, and checked to make sure my bag was still there. It was. We drove to Lubber Run. I once again fell asleep. When we got there, my dad rudely sprayed my face with water. I got out, and saw 2 charter buses, and about 100 people. I just sign in, grab my bags and blanket, say bye to my dad, and jump in to sleep. You're probably wondering why my dad isn't coming. Well, guess what? I got to go all by myself (Not counting all the other adults/teenagers on the bus)!!!! After about an hour, I was once again rudely woken up. But, I had to go out to get some breakfast. All I got was some soda and a bag of chips for the ride back home.After all the people took about 30 min. to get food, we left once again. This time, I only slept for about 2 hours, then woke-up. For the rest of the long drive, I played on my DS, and watched some of the movie. (Dodgeball.) When we finally got to New York, everyone cheered. The long bus ride was finally over!

I got out to stretch, and soon, all the bags from the storage of the charter bus was taken out. I got my bag, and changed into my dance clothes. Some lady of the group helped me put on the giant hat with feathers. I was one of the first ones completely changed. So I went back into the bus to finish watching the movie. Then the president of the group said "Please, everyone! We have to get to the front of the parade! There has been an emergency change! We are due to dance in 5 minutes!! Well, that was such a god thing to say. EVERYONE not dressed, started rushing around. There weren't a lot of people dressed, but those who were, had to get moving. At the beginning, only 15 people started dancing. Slowly, everyone else got into line. I started out feeling energetic and easy. We all danced for about 3 hours (except for a girl who tripped, and started bleeding) The parade was partly at 5th avenue and a few miles long. At the end, I was starting to get a little tired. Plus, my feet hurt. Near the end, we had 90 seconds to impress the judges. Everyone suddenly acted energetic and strong. Once we completely passed the judges, we got to stop. And guess what was waiting for us at the end? FREE ICE CREAM!!! I ate 5.

The president spoke out once again. "You may all go explore New York, but please, don't go to far, and be back by 4:30 p.m. So, I went off with some other kids my age, and a mom. We all went to this shopping center. I had $40 to get rid of. I bought some books, a few movies and lunch. I still had money left, but I was tired of shopping. When it was 4:15, I decided to meet the group of kids I was with. They all stayed at this clothing store, and we all walked back together. When we got to the bus, we were handed cold soda, and some bread called empanada. I ate it, and went into the bus. I watched the begging of a new movie. It was about 5 minutes into the movie, when I went out-cold. 4 hours later, I was safely in Lubber Run. My dad came to pick me up again, and I napped all over again. This, was an awesome day. If only I hadn't slept through a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment