Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Quinceneira Surprise

By Tasnim
 
 The Alam's sat at the dinner table, eating, and discussing their day.
 "Oh! I have something to ask you guys!"Tasnim announces. she didn't want to forget yet again forget to ask her parents.
 "We have something to tell you to." Her dad emphasizes when he says you. What can this possibly be about? A quick thought came to Tasnim. Did I do something wrong?
  "Me?!" Tasnim asked surprised.
 "Yes, you. But you go first, then we'll tell you what we have to say." So, Tasnim asks what she needs to, so she can get to the other mystery announcement that her parents had in store.
 "Can I go to my friend's birthday party? It's on June 2nd." 
 "Which friend?" Tasnim's mother asks. Of course Tasnim wanted to know if she was going, but she also, really really really wanted to know what the other topic was.
 "The one that stayed over. I can show you the invite later. It's upstairs."
 "Okay, we'll talk about it some more later." Now on to the good stuff. Tasnim was just about to explode! What in the world can this be?!?!?!?!?!
 "Okay..." Tasnim's mother says, rather slowly. "MY old co-worker called me today. Her daughter is having a Quinceneira, and she invited you."
 "Really? Me! I'm sooo honored!" Tasnim couldn't believe that she was invited to a Quince.
 "Yeah. I didn't really get the details. I can get those tomorrow. But, I first need to know if you're interested. All rides will be provided." Her mom lays out all the information.
 "I think it would be great." 
 "You know. It's going to be A LOT of work. you'll have to go to all the practices. And if you even miss one, the girl's quince will be ruined. Are you sure?" Tasnim's most likely jealous sister proclaims after a while. She tried to persuade Tasnim not to do such a thing. "I mean I guess it'll be fun, but are you sure?"
 Tasnim told her mother to find out the details, and she'll decide from there. Most likely, the answer will be a yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment