Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Lot of Depressing Stuff to Talk About

By Marisa

Yola peepsicles!!!!!! I am currently in the living room of my nana and grandparents' house with, Daphney the 5 year old(cousin), Tiffany the 4 year old(cousin), Peter the 1 year old(cousin), Jack, Sophia, my mom, Uncle Gabe (Peter, Daphney, and Tiffany's dad), Pregnant Aunt Laura (Gabe's wife, and my dad's sister), Gramps(the grandfather;my dad's dad), Nadia, and Nana(my grandmother; dad's mom). Confusing family trees...... We went to (surprisingly) another funeral. Okay, let me try to explain this, my godfather, or my dad's younger brother's wife, Laurie....... Well, Laurie's grandmother's ashes were to be buried witch was like funeral, but smaller. It was sad...... After that, Laurie's parents invited everyone that went to the funeral to this fancy, expensive, Italian restaurant-food on them. Yesterday, at the other funeral, my dad's grandfather, we had about an hour to stay in the funeral home and say our last words to Great grandpa.... (this was on Friday) He had a plush coffin and had make up on that made it look like he didn't loose as much blood as he had lost...... We got to put in notes and pictures in a little cupboard inside the coffin..... Everyone was wearing something along the lines of black. We did a short funeral mass (I'm christian) then, we all drove to the cemetery...... I cried, my mom cried, nana cried, great nana cried.....and, for the first time, I saw..... my dad cry. For him, his grandfather died..... For nana, her dad died..... For great nana, her husband died......Imagine how that feels..... Your dad dying...... Your husband dying...... It's all too sad for my liking..... But, I remember when the priest said, 'He is happier in the after life then he was now; He would be happy if he knew we weren't sad.' And if you think about that, it kinda makes you less sad..... knowing he's happy and stuff...... Well, I'd like to stop talking about this now, so TTFN.....

No comments:

Post a Comment