Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Writing

By Tasnim

You know what I have realized? Most people write on Slice of Life:
In first person
With a lot of voice (writing as if you're talking)
With many verbs
In a way so we all understand
Slice of Life has helped me to learn how to do these things as well. But there are some things that I want to  become better at when it comes to writing. I think that Slice of Life can help me achieve my goals:
Writing in third person
Using a lot of descriptive writing
Creating a story that is able to fit all details
Creating a mind-image
etc.
My goal, for the rest of May, will be to write my stories in third person, using a lot of descriptive writing, fitting all the details, creating a mind-image, etc. 
 This is my own personal challenge so that I can become a better writer. Maybe this will help me. I'll start tomorrow and end on the 31st. I think my prize will be.....well, actually I don't think I'll have a prize. Wish me luck! I hope that I can achieve my goal.
.
.
 Pre-Warning: there might be some days that I can't stay on for long, so I can't spend my time thinking about what, and how to write. Those days, I might be typing short stories and fulfilling my challenge the next day. everyday that I do this, my challenge will be carried on to June...hopefully not to past the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment