Monday, March 7, 2011

The Big Surprise

By Bridget

Really early this morning, my mom woke me up, way before I was supposed to get ready for school. She handed me the phone.
Who the heck is calling me at 5 am? I thought.
“ Hello,” I said.
“ Hello, Kimberly.” The voice was familiar. It was my grandma, Big Mama!
“Big Mama!” I shouted!
“ Guess what.” But before I could guess, she hollered “Big Daddy and I are coming to visit you guys in America for 5 months!! We’ll be arriving on March 28! We will also stay with your family for 2 months!”
(For those of you confused, my grandparents stay with all 6 of her kids who have room)
“ Really? Great, my house has finished construction, and we already moved! Plus, your room is completely ready! So is your bathroom!” I yelled! I was surprised I hadn’t woken up the whole neighborhood yet!
“ Great! Plus I’ll try to bring Blanca!” she said.
My face fell. The last time Blanca came, she almost died. She isn’t used to the weather and pollution here. In Bolivia, it’s a lot fresher, and there is not as much pollution. But I really wanted to see my puppy. But I didn’t want her to get sick again.
“ Better not. I don’t want her to suffer. We could do a video chat later today,” I offered.
“ Okay Kimmy,” She said. (P.S. if you call me Kimmy, I’ll kill you. Well maybe not kill but injure)
So then I hung up, because it was a really long distance call. I tried to go to sleep for hopefully another 2 hours or so. But I couldn’t, I was just too excited. My grandparents were going to be here for all the most important events in the year. I had to get ready for school. So now I am posting to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment