Friday, March 11, 2011

Swim Meet

By Lauren

Yesterday we had our first swim meet. We all rode the bus over to Washington and Lee Swimming pool.  I got dressed in my swim suit with everyone else and then walked out to the pool deck. We all got in the pool for warm up getting more and more excited to swim in the meet every second. When we got out of the pool we all got instructions. As the meet started we all gathered around the side of the pool. The first event was the Boys 200 yard Medley Relay. Which meant my event for the girls relay was next. I got more and more excited and anxious as the boys finished. I had to swim a 50 yard fly for the relay and had to dive in over Zoë.  While Zoë was swimming I stepped up on the block and waited for my turn to swim. As Zoë approached I got ready to dive, then as she touched I was in the water. I swam as fast as I could and took as little breaths as possible. When I finished I got out and watched Marissa swim in. When we were finished we got third place. Then we all stood on the side of the pool cheering for our team. I also had to swim the 25 back and fly, again I was anxious. When they blew the whistle I got up on the block (or in the water for back) and when the buzzer sounded I was off trying to hold my breath and swim to the other end as fast as possible. When I was done I continued cheering, talking with my friends, wishing Good Luck and giving high-5s to swimmers. When the meet was over, we beat the other team by a lot. But in the end it wasn’t for winning, it was for fun!

1 comment:

  1. You really conveyed the excitement and camaraderie well!

    ReplyDelete