Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Braces

By Brooke

Braces. One word, one simple word and the pain begins to sink into my mind. Its the ugly, nerdy, painful essence of the whole thing that makes me dread them. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to offend anyone else you has them but they really are a pain.
The Scene.
Yesterday right after 1st period(math) my Mom came to pick me up and we headed to the orthodontist.While in the car ride I was reading a part of Catching Fire in the Hunger Games trilogy and what do you know all the scene talks about is pain. Death over one simple word(fog). Yet still do you think that's a coincidence? I don't. This makes me feel so much better.
Then pain and a lot of smiles saying, "This won't hurt one bit."
Oww. Is all I can say to describe the next three hours of my life.
Braces. One word, one simple word and the pain begins to sink into my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Great slice! I hope the pain has subsided by now.Very effective beginning and ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the humor you placed in your story. Keep writing and encourage others in your class.

    ReplyDelete