Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coloring

By Jay
 
You know when we were all little kids, who couldn't wait to go to Art class! That definitely has happened to me! I used to love Art! Now I'm in Band and I don't get Art, and my love for Art has dropped completely! Today for Social Studies and Reading we could have been doing coloring for homework. I chose that option in both of the available classes, but the choice might not have been the right one. A couple of minutes ago I found myself working very briskly on the mistake I made. From lack of doing art my capabilities and work rate on today's homework was pretty sub-par. Maybe I need another visit to a Hopper or Monet exhibit to boost my performance! Have you seen American Gothic, well I have! What other cool paintings have you seen? Nighthawks, anybody?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I always tell my students to keep drawing & their art will improve. I haven't seen any Hopper or Monet lately, but my daughter works at a contemporary art museum so I get to see plenty of innovative & interesting art there. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete