Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Girl Scouts

By Zoë

Today my girl scout troop and I led the Daisies (a girl scout troop for kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders.) I had a lot of fun. The meeting was about ways to respect yourself and others. A group of us including Lauren, Rachel and me did a station which was: we made 6 petals to a flower. We then split 15-16 kids into 3 groups and we had them brainstormed ways that you can respect yourself and others. We had 4-5 things on each petal. I was group #1. The first troop was kindergarteners and they were a piece of work. They came up with: treat others the way you want to be treated things like that. We then had the first graders who weren't as hard to handle. They came up with a lot of things such as brush your teeth and take a bath/shower. Each time when all of the different groups were done we gathered together on the rug, shared our ideas and put all 6 petals on a piece of paper that had every thing on it except the petals to make a flower. After all of that was done we went into a different room, had snack and some other girls in my troop did 2 skits. The first one was about someone being bullied and the 2nd was about if somebody is different  you don't have to be mean or bully them.
 I had a lot of fun doing it. It was a good experience. I am glad I went.    

No comments:

Post a Comment