Thursday, March 10, 2011

Meeting Layla

 By Tasnim

 

Eventually, my uncle left me to go back down stairs where the rest of the family was. I didn't mind. That meant that I really will be able to be the first one to meet Layla. When the doctor finally retreated from her long discussion with the new parents, I rushed right into the room.

 My brother-in-law proudly handed her to me. there is no way to describe how I felt as soon as her little body rested on my arms, but the best way to illustrate the image is that it felt like a blessed spirit depending on you for happiness. There was no other feeling in the world then a truly lovable little angel nestling on your arms.
 The family came up a couple minutes later. We talked and talked, took pictures. Some of the toddlers even petted Layla's head, which was a pretty funny picture. They didn't know what else to do. People actually cried at the sight of Layla. Crazy how much she can do.
  My favorite part, aside from holding an angel, was watching the new parents' and grandparents' reaction to the tiny thing that changed their life forever, on that Christmas night. Though they might not admit it, there hearts had melted too

1 comment:

  1. You create a lovely scene, Tasnim. Excellent word choices!

    ReplyDelete