Sunday, March 27, 2011

Waiting for Superman

 By Hunter

Today I was outside with a few of my friends. At first we were playing Man hunt and then kick the can. Everyone started to leave. My mom called my sister and me inside. My dad was watching a movie called Waiting for Superman. It was about kids that went to schools and didn't get enough education. I only was able to see the last 25-30 minutes. There were 6 kids trying to get into a better school, but they have to enter a lottery. Its when they randomly chose kids to enter there schools. 1:6 of the kids that got into the schools. But for the last 5 minutes one of the kids got a phone call. He picks it up and it was one of the schools. They talked and then he was going to cry because they opened more spots and he was able to go, in the end it was 2:6=1:3 was able to go. If you want to see this movie it has a great story to it but its very very sad.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen it & agree with you, Tracey. It is sad. Thanks for explaining the problems of those students. Sounds like you had a good time playing earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I called you by the wrong name. I looked up & saw 'posted by' so thought it was Tracey. My apologies, Hunter!

    ReplyDelete