Monday, March 5, 2012

Center of the Earth

by Austen

Seven years ago...
I sat outside on my steps with my neighbor Emerson and and watched my dad do yard work. I sat there thinking about the shovel and pulled Emerson down the steps, got my little, pink plastic shovel and Emerson got her green one. 
 
"Lets dig to the center of the Earth!" I screamed excitedly. 
 
"Okay!?" Emerson said sounding really confused. So I dug, and dug, and dug, and dug, intill the hole seemed deep, but was only a couple inches. I hit a rock and thought I had made to the center of the earth, but obviously I didn't. 
 
I ran around screaming "I did it! I did it!" Then Emerson looked down the small hole I dug, and picked up the rock. 
 
"You didn't do it" she exclaimed.  
 
I stared into the hole and said "Eh, I'll try again tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment