Monday, March 12, 2012

Computer done!

by Garrett

Last weekend, I finished upgrading the hardware and software that our old computer needed. First, we installed our 600 watt ThermalTake PSU, and while we were at it, we decided we would open the other computer and transfer its 2GB RAM Graphics Card to the old one, too. That was a breeze - graphics cards are fairly easy to install(if you ever need a graphics card installed, ask me). You just stick them in the slot and connect it to the PSU. That night, I tried to play my favorite game, and it lagged extensively. I checked the PC's RAM - Only 3GB, and the reccomended is 4. The other computer had 7GB of RAM. So we bought some DDR2 RAM, which is an old type of ram(for an old computer!). Newer RAM is called DDR3. RAM is also fairly easy to install, so I installed it myself, and all of my games worked smooth and were graphically correct. The next step is moving all of my bookmarks and favorites from the other computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment