Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Dad

by Gretchen

My dad. The person I look up to the most. The only man I would trust my life with. My dad. My dad is not like other dads. He has a soft side to him to, a side that comes out whenever it's just me and him.   
Today my dad and I went to a hair salon. Together. My dad got his head massaged and washed, and I got something done that will surely surprise all of you tomorrow.
After our little appointment, we decided to go to a barbecue so my dad could get some manliness back ;). The instant we walked in, about 6 men came up and screamed,
  "Tommy! Ehhhh!!"
  "How's it goin'?"
  "Nicce to see you, man!"
I just looked at my dad. 
  "Oh wow." I said while rolling my eyes. My dad asked the bartender if I could sit down at the bar, and he replied.
  "Only if the young lady with shake my hand." His smile was perfect, and he extended his arm out to me. "I'm Joey, you must be Gretchen."
  "That's me!" I shake his hand and make eye contact, for my dad says that's a symbol of not being afraid. 
  "I'm guessing you'll be gettin' the usual?" Joey asked my dad.
  "That'll be it!"
  "What's the usual?" I say. 
  "Ribs and a cheeseburger." 
  "Niiice!" I say.
Joey gets me and my dad "on the house" drinks. For me, a root beer
Once our food arrives we decide to go home and listen to Niel Diamond. We put the roof down in the car and sing our hearts out.
  "Las Angelas is fine, but it 'aint my home! New York is home, but it 'aint mine no more!"
My dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment