Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fishing

By Erik

Fishing. Fishing at a military camp. That was my summer vacation. I can't tell you where you where the camp is but it was fun.

"Dad are we there yet?" I asked

"Almost Erik, almost," my dad replied. When we got to the lake(or river it's both) I ran out and threw my rod in the water.

"ERIK! YOU DON'T THROW THE WHOLE ROD IN THE WATER!" My dad screamed. My dad also had to go in the water and get it. After that my dad told me how to hold the rod and how to fish in general. When I reared the rod back it hooked on to my hat and of course no one noticed. Then I launched the hook to the water. I felt a tug and reeled the hook out of the water. Once I saw the hat my heart dropped.

" A hat?" I asked " am I really that bad?"

"Practice makes perfect Erik" My dad replied

No comments:

Post a Comment