Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hail Storm

by Kerry

One day, when I was younger, something strange happened. There was a hail storm. That night, my neighbors were planning to come over, so the kids could play and the adults could do whatever they do. As soon as my neighbors walked in the door, it began to hail. Big chunks of ice dropped from the sky, as if a cloud had broken into a million pieces and was falling to the ground. Naturally, we found this really exciting. We ran to the door like hungry dogs running to their food. We watched in awe as the little pieces of white covered the dirt, forming a polka-dotted blanket. We couldn't hold it in any longer, so we ran to the door, threw it open, and sprinted into the middle of the yard. We began spinning and dancing in circles just like what we do when it snows. 

I wanted to feel one of the chunks, so I picked one up and held it in my hand. It felt like I was holding a block of ice. Then again, I actually was. The cold sensation swept over me like a burst of wind. It started to burn my fingers, so I dropped the hail and ran inside along with my brothers and my neighbors. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience. I'm not one hundred percent sure why, but hail has a weird affect on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment