Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mission Possible

by Fiona

      "Take!" I call down to my belayer. I'm nearly to the top of a 9.5 level 40 foot rock wall. Don't get me wrong - rock climbing is an awesome sport, but let's just say this: this wall is tough. A real challenge. My hands are exhausted and I need a break. Hence, my plea of 'take.' 
      "Gotcha!" my belayer yells.  *whew* I don't think I could have lasted any longer. I swing out from the wall and wiggle my hands, trying to rid them of the pains. Pains are persistent, though, and they cling on. Darn. Oh well. I reach into my chalk bag and squeeze what's left of the chalk. At least that will keep the sweat at bay for a while. 
      I swing back to the wall. I'm persistent, too. And I'm ready.
      "Climbing!" I call.
      "Climb on!" comes the reply. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment