Monday, March 19, 2012

Water Park

by An-Ya

In Bahamas, we go to a water park called Atlantis. Almost every year that we go to the Bahamas, we go to Atlantis. When I was really little, all I did was sit grumpily in a stroller and wait till lunch, and after lunch wait till dinner, and after dinner, wait till we went home. I wasn't tall enough for any of the big rides, and I had no interest in the little rides. But, as soon as I was 48 inches, I was ready to go. My first experience on a "big kid" ride was really great. I went on a ride called the Serpent Slide. I climbed into the tube, and the lifeguards pushed me into the dark, winding tunnel. There were a bunch of unexpected twists and turns, and you never knew what was coming next. Finally, the dark tunnel ended, and I went under a waterfall into a glass tube with sharks swimming around it. There weren't too many, so I wasn't that scared, but some sharks still came right up to the glass and looked at me. I went through the glass tube very slowly, only being pushed by the slightest waves, and finally slid down the final short slide and the ride was over.

"Again!" I said. Eventually I had had enough of this ride and was ready for something more. We went to what is called the "Power Tower" where all of the big rides were. We decided on the most mild one. After waiting in a very long line, it was finally my turn. I went in a double tube with my dad. We went on a little "moving walkway" like they have at airports, except we were sitting down in a tube, and at the end, there was a huge drop. My heart was pumping, ready for a surprise any minute now....

"Whirrr!" I could hear the passing by as we dropped on the walkway. I was to scared to scream. We went up and down  and up and down over and over again, and I was starting to get a bruise on my tailbone. Finally, we reached a dark tunnel (sense a theme here?) and came out of the tunnel and floated in white water rapids. After the ride was over, I was too terrified to speak, and all I could say was "Let's go on the serpent slide again"

No comments:

Post a Comment