Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Last DC United Game


by Mariel
 
He was fast, a great scorer, kinda old, and he always played amazing. The crowd always would cheer when he scored. Two season’s ago, there was a D.C. United player who retired, named Jaime Moreno. He started to play with D.C. when the team first started. I got to go to his last game and he played really well. During the game someone who works at the stadium came up to my row. I thought that someone did something wrong, but then she handed us all a poster that had a picture of the team and it was signed by the the whole team. My friend and I were really happy that we got this.

During half time Jaime Moreno and his family came out on the field and took a lot of pictures, I think that they gave him an award too. When he was taken out of the game everyone stood up and clapped and cheered for him too. The stadium has two levels, a ground level and a high level. No one ever sits on the high level unless it is a game against L.A. Galaxy or a U.S.A. national team game, so what they did was put Jaime Moreno’s name and number (99) at the top in a sort of black thing. He still does work for D.C. United by being the youth academy coach.
Even though they lost this game, it will always be one of my favorites. I will miss the way he would fake the ball, score, and be on the team. He was one of the best players D.C. United ever had. (At least that's what I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment