Saturday, March 3, 2012

Three Day Field Trip!

By Aziza

I wake up groggy and unfocused. That is, until, I take one look at my calendar and my heart almost skips a beat, for it is April 27, 2011. That date may mean nothing to most people, but to me it is a day I will never, ever, forget. It was the day the whole fifth grade at Canyon View Elementary School (the BEST elementary school ever) took a field trip to Disney in California, and then Riley Farms to do a Civil War reenactment. Also, we took an eight hour coach bus ride to and back to Anaheim, California. However, the best part of all was that I got to do experience it all with my most beloved friends ever, Sydney, Emily, and Aly. For a whole 3 DAYS! On the Wednesday of the 27th, I went to school, just as I would on any given day. However, when the school day ended, I rushed home and grabbed everything I'd prepackaged for the field trip. After that I showered, because we couldn't have a field trip with a bunch of sweaty, stinky kids packed on a bus. Then, my friend, Sydney, came to pick me up at 7:00. When we got to the school campus, I felt like a stick of dynamite about to explode. We boarded the bus, the cushioned seats making me feel like I was on a cloud. We took a few pictures, then it was lights off. After that we got to eat, and then we watched MOVIES on the back of the seats. After that, I slept, but I kept waking up every 30 minutes until 12:00 when the bus driver had to take a break. I stayed up from then until 8:00 in the morning, when we went to McDonald's for breakfast. After that, we drove to Anaheim. We got ready in a Disneyland bathroom, where we put on our T-shirts (designed by me and Sydney) and went to our tour-guide. Mine was a guy named Chris. He taught us about the history of Disney. Then we had lunch, which I pre-ordered before the field trip, and then we went to do some more sight seeing. The best part of the tour was definitely the second part. We learned about physics. BY RIDING ROLLER COASTERS!!!! I rode the California screaming, thunder nightmare, the tower of terror, and a boat ride down a white-rapids river and we all got really wet. After that we got some free time, where we rode even more roller coasters. After that we got $15 to have any dinner of our choice, as long as it was on Disneyland campus, so our group ate at a Mexican restaurant. After that really fun day, we went to Holiday Inn resorts. In the morning, we got to eat at the breakfast bar in the hotel. After that, the fun STILL wasn't over. We went to Riley Farms, where we got to learn about the Civil War with actors, and do a reenactment of it. After that we had giant hamburgers for lunch. Then, we had to board the bus to go home to Tucson. It was the BEST three days of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment