Friday, March 23, 2012

Hot Glue Guns

By Caroline

Hot glue guns. They are dangerous.

We're currently in art for electives. We were making these nice little cardboard chairs as a final project, and were given a heap of junk and asked to make our chairs unique. Making something out of nothing? Easy. Putting it together? Dangerously painful. I was attaching the back of my chair to the seat using a hot glue gun when the chair toppled over. The glue gun slipped and spread the blazing adhesive on my arm.

"Oh jeez oh jeez oh jeez oh jeez! Burning! Burning!" I had shouted comically. I rushed to the sink to ease the pain and pull the glue off of my arm. The burn was a nasty one. A small one, thankfully. A portion of the skin had blistered, and some had pulled away to reveal the second layer. The injury was whitish-pink, and it stung like crazy.

That afternoon, after I had arrived home, the injury had already begun to produce some fluid...to protect itself? To tell me it needed to be protected? I don't know. I put some bandages on it, and now I have a burn scar on both arms (my left arm has a scar from my toaster oven). Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment