Monday, March 5, 2012

The Wedding

By Marissa

Around a year or so from today I was flying in an airplane with my sister and my dad down to Florida. We were headed to my home town and the town where my aunt will get married. This was probaly one of the funnest experiences I had there in Pensacola, Florida. When we arrived we met our mom who had already been there for a week helping her sister. Our mom was the maid of honor and I was a junior brides maid along with my sister who was a flower girl. I remember every part of that vacation. On the wedding day we woke up very early so that we could head to the salon with the rest of the brides maids and family. It took around 3 hours for everyone to get their hair done. Afterwards we headed to the church where they were to be married. We got dressed and ate a few snacks. My mom and aunt shed a few tears of joy and happiness too.Then the time finally came, the pews were filling up and the butterflies in my stomach grew into birds. The next thing I knew I was headed down the aisle with a bouquet of beautiful red roses. I sat down and watched as the ceremony went on. I was so happy for them that I forgot about everything that was on my mind including the birds in my stomach. Later on at the Reception we all danced and had a bunch of fun. I also greeted my new uncle, but I had a hard time remembering to say uncle instead of mister. Some of us ran around on the beach some people danced and ate their food. I can't explain why but every part of that experience had been so much fun. I wish it was still going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment